LexisNexis® Legal & Professional, a leading global provider of information and analytics, announced the launch of its latest innovative product: Lexis+®, an AI-powered legal knowledge platform.
Lexis+ is a comprehensive collection of legal knowledge, including legal research, practical guidance, and analytical tools - all packaged in a modern user experience to deliver greater efficiency, increased confidence, and better outcomes for Australian lawyers and their clients.
Lexis+ Australia – Redefining Legal Knowledge
Customers who have been on the journey with Lexis have lauded the ease of use, the significant time saving and the critical thinking space that it provides. From solo practitioners to the largest law firms and corporates, customers have reported that Lexis+ allows them to have greater focus with a platform that removes the obstacles of switching between multiple applications and content sets. Customers have reported time savings between 25-50%, leading to significant efficiencies in today’s dynamic and changing market.
“Lexis+ stimulates my strategic thinking and problem-solving. It sends me down pathways that I hadn't previously thought about, and I couldn't do without” – Bradley Dean, Barrister
“The mark of a good product is not necessarily that it saves time, but rather that it improves results. The focus and clarity Lexis+ provides allow me the space to look at things differently and go a bit deeper. With Lexis+, I uncover things I might otherwise have missed” – Alex Collie, Senior Associate, Carroll & Odea
"The introduction of Lexis+ for Australian lawyers represents a significant milestone in our strategy to deliver legal solutions that improve lawyers' productivity, workflow, and their ability to deliver timely and strategic counsel. The integration of new generative AI-driven tools is also a game changer for the industry," said Greg Dickason, Managing Director, LexisNexis Pacific and Asia
This next-generation platform provides access to LexisNexis’ comprehensive collection of trusted content. Users benefit from AI-powered insights supported by a Primary Law collection containing over 375,000 full-text judgments in Unreported Judgments and entries for over 700,000 cases included in Casebase®. Expert-authored content covering over 34 practice areas, often cited by the higher courts, available in a style that suits individual research needs, means users can be confident in their research outcomes. With LawNow Plus, over 25 modules of Practical Guidance, and renowned titles such as Halsbury’s Laws of Australia fully integrated with a powerful AI-powered search engine, Lexis+ delivers a streamlined research solution powered by the excellent content customers know and trust.
Lexis+ also delivers enhanced functionalities for all Australian lawyers. The new "Experience Dock" creates an integrated starting point for core legal tasks and enables seamless switching between product experiences and workflows. New and intuitive features, such as Legislation Compare and Search Tree, make it easy for practitioners to access the information and insights they need, control their search experience, and provide better counsel.
Based on extensive customer feedback, Lexis+ addresses the specific needs of legal professionals in all segments, industries, and areas of practice with key features including:
- Legislation Compare: Legislation Compare is an easy way to compare two versions of the same legislation and reduce the time taken to review how the law has evolved over time.
- Leading Cases: Lexis+ surfaces the cross-references to important cases for a legislative provision reducing your search time and supporting your research to drive better and more precise outcomes.
- Lexis Answers: Responds to natural language search queries with the best, most relevant answers from Caselaw.
- Enhanced AI-Powered Search Capabilities that give lawyers more control over their research experience, including:
- Search Tree: Graphically depicts Boolean searches and highlights the impact of each keyword on search results, enabling users to refine, feel confident and get the best results.
- Search Term Maps: Visually depicts clusters of search terms within search results and documents across major content types for fast, easy navigation, trend identification and direct access to the most relevant information.
- Practical Guidance: Fully integrated 25+ practical guidance modules, including practice notes, precedents, checklists, drafting tools and industry insights from leading practitioners, easily accessible in the Experience Dock and within legal research results.
- Lexis Argument Analyser: An efficiency solution powered by generative AI that enhances your case law research by swiftly unearthing deep insights in relation to your matter. Gain confidence that case law research has met the brief quickly and accurately.
"Lexis+ Australia is the result of extensive customer feedback and workflow analysis," said Lindsay O’Connor, Head of Core Product, LexisNexis Pacific. "Users told us they wanted a solution that improves the quality of their research, speeds the delivery of insights and is easy to use. Lexis+ leverages cutting-edge technology, modern design elements and advanced data visualisation to improve research outcomes for lawyers in Australia. "We are proud to launch a world-class product that allows lawyers to answer legal questions, apply legal strategy, and accomplish legal tasks, all in one dynamic new place that sets a precedent in simplicity”.
Lexis+ Australia is the latest global offering in the Lexis+ family, complimenting earlier Lexis+ releases in the U.S., Canada, U.K and, more recently, Lexis+AI that incorporates generative AI solutions that search, summarise and draft using trusted authoritative content from LexisNexis. LexisNexis Australia looks forward to launching Lexis+AI in 2024.
Follow the link for further information regarding Lexis+Australia and to watch a short video on Lexis+ below.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Novum Learning or Legal Practice Intelligence (LPI). While every attempt has been made to ensure that the information in this article has been obtained from reliable sources, neither Novum Learning or LPI nor the author is responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of this information, as the content published here is for information purposes only. The article does not constitute a comprehensive or complete statement of the matters discussed or the law relating thereto and does not constitute professional and/or financial advice.